The ever soulful Candita wanted me to create some strong & gorgeous Personal Branding portraits that really resonate with her clients. Candita is a stylish Stella and Dot consultant, a brilliant Yoga Instructor, and an absolute beautiful soul. We had so much fun playing around with her branding portraits for her thriving businesses and capturing the magic that just draws her clients to her and makes her an influencer in her community.
Every great business needs a great graphic designer, and I'm fortunate enough to have Betsy as my dear friend and amazing designer. Betsy is the talent behind Betsy Mac Design Co. based outside Fayetteville, NC. Betsy is one of the funniest, craziest, and caring people I know and our headshot session was no different! Betsy is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the out and she had me and my team cracking up the entire session! Betsy, like most women that come into my studio, wanted modern headshots that really let her personality shine and I think we did just that!
Meredith Jorgensen Cooke is one incredibly beautiful woman, inside & out. Wife, passionate owner of Life & Legacies, cancer survivor, and mom to three adorable fur-babies. This gorgeous woman embodies the kind of fierce femininity that other women can look up to and aim towards. Meredith came in for some updated family portraits and as a bonus, we took some contemporary personal branding photos as well.
Meredith and I immediately hit it off as we both know the importance of being present in photos and videos so ourselves and our loved ones can look back on them and celebrate our life and love.
Meredith is passionate about capturing ones memories and preserving their life stories and experiences. Her business Life & Legacies is located in the heart of downtown Lancaster and through powerful interviews and storytelling, she creates heartfelt and compelling video showcases to pass down through generations.
OMG Have you ever seen such gorgeous red hair in your life?!?!? When Kacey walked into my studio from Carolina Talent, stylist Elisha and I just KNEW we had to get crazy with that hair and makeup for her headshots! Kacey was a blast to work with and I'm obsessed with every branding image we took of her! We decided to shoot some edgy headshots and fashion portraits of her for her modeling and acting portfolio, as well as have some fun with gold flakes and dramatic lighting! Model or not, I think every woman should step out of the box once in a while and try some personal branding portraits that are fun and edgy!!
Sarah is an amazing, passionate, and gorgeous woman who is usually taking care of others- whether in her role as a mom, or as a master networker at Rockstar Connect; and it was finally her turn to be pampered, cared for, and seen for the powerhouse of a woman she is! Sarah came to me for some amazing personal branding portraits and more modern headshots in order to let he vibrant personality shine and to create an authentic connection to her vast audience.
Jenifer Fennell is not only an amazingly talented (and patient) photographer, but a supermom as well! We met through the photography world several years ago and hit it off right away! We've stayed in touch daily since my moving to Lancaster, PA and she has become my dearest friend. She is a rockstar of a maternity and newborn photographer and photographed both of my kids when they were born. I've got to tell you, photographing newborns is HARD!! Like one of the hardest things I've ever attempted to do! The amount of vision and imagination to think up creative and whimsical sets for these tiny babies plus the hours and hours of endless patience waiting for newborns to fall asleep and then posing each individual finger and toe just right! Eek! It's not for everyone but Jen makes it look easy!!
She lives and works in NC and although the is a rockstar photographer, like most of us, she shies away from being in front of the camera. I managed to convince Jen to come in for a personal branding photo shoot for both headshots and glamour style portraits and we had so much fun! We started in hair and makeup while I looked through Jen's awesome wardrobe to find the perfect outfits for our session. Jen rocked her personal branding session and was a natural in front of the camera despite her reservations and was blown away at her beautiful portraits! Check out her magical newborn and maternity portraits at Jenifer Fennell Photography !
I love when I have time in the Lancaster studio to get a little creative and have models and stylists with me that are willing to push the envelope a little bit with their headshots and personal branding! The gorgeous Avery of Carolina Talent Modeling Agency decided to join us for this conceptual shoot with the amazingly talented hair and makeup artist Elisha Seaton !
I love when great friends of mine, trust enough in both my vision and my talent, to hire me to photograph their new headshots and personal branding portraits. So I was over the moon, when my beautiful and soulful friend, Dr. Tatiana Irvin asked me over. She is as warm and generous as she is gorgeous and talented. We spent the day on location to capture some warm and inviting headshots for this mother, holistic life coach, motivational speak, and published author of "The Reluctant Intuitive". Tatiana is one of those women who everyone instantly has a connection with because she is true and authentic and just makes you feel warm and fuzzy! She is caring, soulful, and is always asking others how she can help them. Check out her newest book here!
7 SECRETS FOR ROCKING YOUR NEXT NETWORKING EVENT
presented by Kat Squibb Portraits
Now if you are anything like me, I used to DREAD going to network events! I’m naturally an introvert and would rather be at home in my PJs with a glass of wine binge-watching Shameless. Or maybe even doing laundry! ANYTHING except getting dressed up, packing up business cards, and attempting to make conversation and socialize with 200-something people that only want to sell me on their businesses.
Like it or not, networking events are a necessary part of growing your business and attracting potential clients and business partnerships. And once you know how to prepare and how to network properly, these events become much more fun and fruitful! So all you introverts, let’s put our mascara and big girl panties on and get to some networking events! Here’s some tips to make the most of them:
1. First step to finding networking events in your area and that coincide with your business goals is to get involved in your community. Join your local chamber of commerce, your local BNI, search online for women’s networking groups in the area, on Facebook, and on Meetup. Read their mission statements and goals and see if you feel like they would be a good fit for you and your brand.
2. Once you find some networking groups and events to attend, make sure to have a goal going in. Ask yourself two things:
· “What do I hope to gain by attending this event?” Whether it be getting out and meeting new people, acquiring new leads to add to your sales funnel, meeting other businesses with similar clientele to cross-market with, etc. Knowing ahead of time what you are hoping to get out of the event will help you stay focused and feel more productive at the end.
· “How can I help?” Remember, you aren’t there simply to sling your own brand (per se). What is it that you can offer? Say you’re a photographer. OK, you can sell portraits or weddings, or whatever but WHAT ELSE do YOU bring to the table? Is it marketing strategies? Website design? Personal branding? Remember, you are not only shaking hands here. You are providing solutions.
3. Dress your brand! I cannot stress this enough! If you are selling a luxury brand or cater to affluent clients, don’t show up in jeans and a tank top. Dress to impress! Like attracts like. If you want to attract high end clients, you must dress the part. They say that a first impression is made within the first seven seconds of meeting someone and this is so true at networking events. Most people at these events don’t know each other from Adam, so how you are dressed and put together will make the difference of someone coming up to learn more about you or not. So pick an outfit that not only looks great, but makes you feel great too!
4. Bring your business cards! So many times have I been to a networking event and talking with someone who I have an amazing connection with and may want to work with in the future and when I ask them for a business card, they didn’t bring them or ran out! *gasp* I personally never have less than 100 business cards in my purse at any given time. And I even carry backups in the glove compartment of my car. Why? Because you never know when you’ll need them! And at a networking event, you will definitely need them! I get all my business cards from MOO for their phenomenal quality and versatility in paper stock, edges, and thickness, but there are so many places that offer inexpensive and fast business cards that there is just no good excuse, not to have any.
5. Don’t be a wallflower! I know it’s tempting to just grab a drink and stand in the corner until someone approaches you but this is your chance to get out there and make not only lots of connections, but meaningful ones! Consider it speed-dating for your business! There are tons of people here that you can connect with; some may be your ideal client and others may be totally so far off from who you are looking to meet. You’ll never know who is who unless you meet them! As an introvert, I have to remind myself that everyone is here for the exact same reason: to meet other business owners. Keeping this in mind, I find myself much more comfortable just walking up to random groups of people (with a big smile on my face) and introducing myself. Phew! Now that the hard part is done (getting dressed up, getting my butt in gear to actually go to the event, and introducing myself to people) you can sit back and enjoy getting to know about everyone’s business and share a bit about your own.
6. Listen twice as much as you speak! Now you may be tempted to jump in and talk about yourself and your business but keep it short. A few sentences at most and then turn the conversation back on the other person. You want to learn about them, their business, why they are passionate about it. A mentor of mine once said “you have two ears for listening and only one mouth so listen twice as much as you talk”. Learn as much about them as you can. People LOVE to be listened to and asking things about their business, where they’re from, if they have kids, etc will help you brainstorm about how you and your business can serve them.
Eventually the ball will be in your court and they will ask about you and your business. This is where all that listening will come in handy. Whether you are a financial advisor, a photographer, a wellness coach, or a business consultant learning as much as you can about the person in front of you will aid you in turning this “person” into a potential “client” or “partner” or whatever it was that you set as your goal for that evening. I’ve met dozens of people at networking events that will literally just walk up to me, hand me a business card, give me their “elevator pitch” and walk away and I think to myself “why would I hire this person?” I wouldn’t. Because they don’t know or even care about my needs and didn’t take the time to get to know me at all. After your conversation is done and you both have moved on your separate ways, jot down as much as you can remember about that person. Whether it be on the back of their business card, a notebook, or a note in your phone. You are going to meet a lot of people tonight and these notes are key for #7.
7. Follow up!! Don’t just let those business cards collect dust and wait for them to call you. You need to send an email within the next 24 hours (or my personal favorite: a personal hand-written note) to those contacts with whom you chatted. Be sure to mention some of the things you talked about (and made notes of) so they know that you were listening and to help forge that bond. In my experience, people generally hire other people based on their personality, NOT on their price or the quality of their work. So showing that you were listening to them, retaining that information, and caring enough about your meeting to follow up with them speaks volumes about the kind of connection you made.
Networking is one of the greatest tools we have in the business world, made even easier by technology. Being able to research networking events, follow up with contacts via Linkedin, their professional Facebook page, and email makes growing our network and sales funnels easier than ever! Just remember to be professional, dress the part, be proactive, listen more than you speak, and have some fun!
Kat Squibb Portraits
I love love love when salons contact me to update their headshots and photograph their amazing team! There is nothing better than checking out a salon's website or facebook and being able to put a face to the stylists that work there and feel an instant connection with them!
I see so many salons and businesses that post cell phone shots of their staff and that just gived me the icky feels! Looks terribly half-ass and unprofessional and definitely NOT where I want to be trusting my image with, when they can't be bothered to update their own. So when Josh, the owner of J.Co Salon and Blo'Dry Bar asked me to come in for some personal branding shots, I was so excited! The salon is beautiful and the staff was so friendly and fun to photograph! We had a great time and can't wait to see them grow both personally and professionally! Now that I'm in Lancaster, PA I'm thrilled to work with some local salons and spas up here to elevate their brands!!
Lori came to my studio for personal branding headshots and we had so much fun! Lori was (like most of my clients) hesitant about being in front of the camera! But, I promised to make updating your professional headshots not only easy, but fun. Lori trusted me and my team to guide her into poses that were flattering and comfortable while lighting her in the most perfect light! She was thrilled with her new modern headshots and is using them to represent her company in a professional and approachable manner. Personal branding sessions in Lancaster are an amazingly easy way to create an instant and authentic connection with your clients and target audience!
Meet Jessica. Wife, mother, military spouse, and the gorgeous woman behind Fayetteville Hypnosis and Kids Who Meditate. Jess is a board-certified hypnotist, stress relief coach, and an amazing mom of two! Jess wanted to break the stigma of what people think of when they hear the word "hypnotist" and show her fun, approachable, and professional side through personal branding portraits. I love working with headshot clients who KNOW that they need so much more than a headshot. They want their clients to feel like they know them and communicate with them in an authentic way. When Jess talks about being a hypnotist and coach, you just can see her light up... she is so passionate about her work and clients and I am so excited to help create portraits that match her personality!
When interior designer, Jana Donohoe contacted us for some new modern headshots I was ecstatic! I remember seeing her featured in Cityview Magazine last year and knew we were in for a great time! Jana was so lighthearted and easy to work with; she made my job a breeze! Her style is both sophisticated and livable, creating the perfect combination for any lifestyle. Besides being amazingly easygoing, she is a true professional and visionary in her craft. Seriously in love with her new personal branding and headshot images and can't wait to see what she does in 2018 at janadonohoedesigns.com/ !
Everyone says that the eyes are the windows to the soul, so that would make the lashes like curtains or window treatments. Long, healthy lashes and beautiful glowing skin are all a girl needs! And Brooke can make that happen! Brooke's specialty is lash extensions and microblading and she is the best of the best! Check her out on
Brooke came to me for some updated headshots and personal branding portraits for her business and website and I couldn't be happier with her updated images!
Had some amazing women in the Lancaster studio last week to shoot some boudoir images for themselves and their partners! One woman in particular was so spectacular and inspirational that I had to blog about her! Mrs. M is a gorgeous and outgoing mother of three! Being a full time mom doesn't leave very much time to go out and pamper yourself so I was thrilled when she came into my studio! Her husband was so sweet and even took her to Victoria's Secret before the shoot for some new stunning outfits! You could tell Mrs. M was super nervous before her session and couldn't really "see herself" as this sexy bombshell we all knew she was! Once she saw herself in the mirror she was astonished at the results and the second my camera was up to my eye she was striking poses like it was her job! Needless to say, her husband was amazed at her transformation once she walked in the door! This is why I love my job!!!
I had the absolute pleasure of photographing the phenomenal interior designer and home stager, Alexandria Oates at her stylish pad in Pinehurst, North Carolina before my relocating to Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Alex and I met as military spouses at Fort Bragg and we hit it off immediately! Alex is the face behind AO Home: a lifestyle firm specializing in creating and celebrating beautiful spaces. Whether you need help staging your home or listing to sell, organizing your abode to create balance, or designing your holiday home decor, she work closely with you to create your vision!
We started with hair & makeup styling, followed by a tour of her beautiful home decorated for the holidays to choose the perfect scenes to set her in. Alex wanted some beautiful and approachable headshots that really captured her style and outgoing personality! Alex's dog/fur-child Piper had to get in on the action as well!
Check her out on facebook at AO Home !
Kat Squibb Portraits is looking for four High School Juniors and Seniors graduating in 2018 and 2019! If you know someone, please send them our way for a chance to be one of our Senior Ambassadors. As an Ambassador, you will have access to free shoots, swag, and cash bonuses for being the face of KSP Seniors and referring your friends!
WHAT IS A HIGH SCHOOL AMBASSADOR PROGRAM?
As a Senior Ambassador for Kat Squibb Photography, you will receive VIP treatment, free senior portrait sessions, swag, and a destination group photo shoot with your fellow Ambassadors!
HOW DO I APPLY TO BE AN AMBASSADOR?
Simply fill out the application below.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT WITH MY SESSIONS?
Your session will need to take place before December 15th, 2017 to ensure enough time for us to get your customized cards to you. You’ll want to choose outfits that show your style and personality. If you’re an athlete or member of band, be thinking about whether you want props with your sessions! If you do, make sure to prepare your props in advance.
Your session will last anywhere from 60-90 min and includes one location with as many outfits as you’d like! If you have a letterman jacket, we always recommend bringing it to your session!
~ Kat Squibb Photography
This gorgeous woman is Lisa. She is nail technician, salon manager, and supermom! She came in to the studio to update her personal branding shots to represent the beautiful, independent, and confident woman that she is.
I am obsessed with anything DANCE! I binge watch So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing With the Stars and live vicariously through their beauty, strength, grace, and immense talent, as I was blessed with two left feet! I had the plans to do a moving portrait series with lyrical, point, and ballet dancers and my good friend Charlotte at Carolina Talent hooked me up with some phenomenal talent once again!
I just loved getting to know Rexi! She was so super bubbly and energetic, and as a pageant contestant, she knew her angles! Those gorgeous blonde locks, those eyes, that smile! She is an awesomely beautiful person inside and out!